Events, Programmes & Exhibitions
City University of Hong Kong
Secondary School Distinguished Artwork Exhibition 2019
Call for Entry
As a hub of art appreciation for students, staff and general public, CityU is now inviting nomination of distinguished artworks by secondary school students for exhibition:
1. Full-time students in Hong Kong for year 2018-19: F.1 to F.3 (Junior Section) and F.4 to F.6 (Senior Section);
2. All students’ artworks must be nominated by their schools;
3. Each student can submit only one entry. If there is more than one entry from the same student, student will be disqualified for exhibition.
1. Theme: No restriction;
2. Format: 2 dimensions on white paper;
3. Size: Within the range from size A4 (210 x 297mm) to A2 (420 x 594mm) ;
4. Medium: 2D hand painted work only in any format (such as oil, acrylic, sketching, etc.) except digital work;
5. Artwork in the following form will not be accepted: substandard size / non paper (e.g. canvas) / bend / 3D / collage / framed artwork;
6. All entries should not show the name of student or name of school in any form;
7. Please write the student name, artwork title and school name at the back of the artwork.
Submission of Entries
Interested schools please complete the nomination procedure listed below and submit their students’ artwork(s) on or before 12 February 2019 (Tuesday) by 5:30 p.m.
Step 2: School representative shall gather all nominated artwork(s) together with the printed nomination form(s) and send to:
Student Development Services, 6/F, Bank of China (Hong Kong) Complex,
City University of Hong Kong, 83 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon.
Submission should be made by registered post or submitted in person during office hours (Monday to Friday, except weekends and public holiday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.; 2 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.). Please mark ‘Secondary School Distinguished Artwork Exhibition 2019’ on the envelope. Artworks without the attachment of printed nomination form will not be accepted.
Selection will be made according to their originality, creativity, drawing skills and overall quality of artwork (For example, the use of medium, overall design and composition).
60pieces of artworks will be selected by panel of adjudicators to be exhibited at the exhibition area in James Liu Multi-Purpose Room from 28 March to 1 April 2019.
·3 outstanding artworks of the junior section (prize costs more than HKD $1,000).
·3 outstanding artworks of the senior section (prize costs more than HKD $1,000).
·Nominators of the above outstanding artworks will be awarded a special souvenir.
·Students of selected artworks will be awarded a medal of appreciation.
·All students submitting eligible artworks will be awarded a certificate.
Results will be announced on http://www.cityu.edu.hk/ctspc/events#secsch19 on 5 March 2019.
Now to 12 Feb 2019
Artwork Nomination and Submission Period
12 Feb 2019 (Tuesday) by 5:30 p.m.
Submission Deadline (based on the date of postmark)
5 Mar 2019 (Tuesday)
20 Mar 2019 (Wednesday)
Collection of unselected artworks
28 Mar 2019 (Thursday) at evening
Opening Ceremony of Exhibition
28 Mar to 1 Apr 2019
Past Artwork Booklets
Terms and Conditions
The Cultural and Sports Committee of the City University of Hong Kong ('Organiser') is the organizer of 'Secondary School Distinguished Artwork Exhibition 2010' ('Exhibition'). All entrants and participating schools should read carefully the following terms and conditions prior to submission of entries:
1. Entries without school nomination, fail to submit nomination form, fail to provide required information, or fail to follow the submission requirements will be disqualified;
2. Entries will be divided into 2 sections (Junior: F.1 to F.3 and Senior: F.4 to F.6) for adjudication. Decisions made by the judging panel will not open for appeal;
3. All entries once submitted cannot be modified. The Organiser has the right to publish, exhibit, print or distribute through any media or publications;
4. Entries infringing intellectual property rights will not be accepted. In cases there is any legal actions, demands, claims and expenses arising from the entries which infringes intellectual property rights, the entrants shall accept full liability;
5. All entries must be the first time to be nominated for this Exhibition. Any repeated nomination will not be processed;
6. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any loss or theft of the entries;
7. Personal data collected in the nomination forms will be used solely for activities related to the Exhibition;
8. The Organiser reserves the right to interpret and change the rules of the Exhibition without prior notice.